All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- Description'Reinventing the Information Techlogy Department' is both anecdotal and informal but deals with a subject which is of vital interest to Chief Information Officers and IT Managers, addressing questions such as: * How does the IT department keep pace with business change? * How do we provide stable and responsive IT platforms? * How do we add recognised value to the organisation? * How do I reinvent my department? * How do I get onto the board? It offers an alternative view of the new roles of the in-house IT function and proposes a rethink about IT services within companies, suggesting a self-help approach to redefining/reinventing in-house IT for CIOs. The author explains that new modes of business thinking and operation are essential if a company is to succeed in the near future and in light of this covers topics such as self-organising systems, kwledge management, multi-stakeholder perspectives, and empowerment initiatives in relation to the overall business and in particular the IT function. Each chapter contains implementation templates for the readers to take themselves through the repositioning or reengineering of the IT function and their own departments.
- Author BiographyTerry White is one of the most original thinkers in IT management to surface in recent years. He was one of the first IT gurus to identify the need for IT Departments to radically transform themselves to accommodate the business realities of the 21st century. This has been Terry's clarion call for the past 10 years. Before becoming a consultant and author, Terry was the CIO for a large industrial concern for many years. He has written numerous articles and academic papers. His last book was titled: Reinventing the IT department and he has given seminars and workshops and consulted widely on this topic. Terry consults to large organisations on business strategy, strategic information management and IT organisation. He has lectured on a number of MBA and other academic programs.
- Author(s)Terry White
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/08/2001
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleComputer Weekly Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.