Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionWith contributions from industry thought leaders the world over, this study presents important perspectives on strategy, transformation, and invation as it questions the future shape and direction of the postal industry and what its business will be in the future. The book first addresses how and to what the post can reinvent itself before proceeding to focus on postal delivery and concentrate on the opportunities for building on the historical trust enjoyed by postal services. Additional sections address the opportunities for using digital techlogy solutions to build on the traditional physical capabilities of the post and explore how postal services can exploit these in their business propositions. Finally, this analysis tackles the global challenge of sustainability from the industry's perspective. Four complementary case studies highlight how traditional postal networks are being reinvented in Africa, Australia, and Europe, and two final reflective pieces examine the past and the future to see what lessons can be learned. The insights provided by the industry professionals who contributed to this book reveal the many different ways in which the postal sector is being reborn and reinvented for a new generation and provide strong examples of the energy and life that there still is in the industry.
- Author BiographyDerek Osborn is a business coach, a management trainer, and an international facilitator who focuses on strategy, human resource development, innovation, leadership, and change management. He spent 22 years working as a senior manager for the Royal Mail and more than 16 years working internationally across the postal industry. He has collaborated with businesses and organizations--including governments and national postal operators--to improve operations and efficiency, develop greater customer focus, develop innovative strategies, and implement transformation. He is the coeditor of three volumes of The Future Is in the Post. Joachim Wessels is a member of Deutsche Post DHL's Mail Divisional Board.
- PublisherLibri Publishing
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationFaringdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLibri Publishing
- Content Note50 diagrams
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byDerek Osborn
- Foreword byJoachim Wessels
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.