Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays in this volume,written by eight of the world's leading legal theorists and philosophers, began life as papers presented at seminars (held in Canberra and New York) devoted to the ideas of Tony Hore, who is one of the most important legal thinkers of his generation. The focus is on issues dealt with in Hore's recent book, Responsibility and Fault (1999), including determinism and luck, causation, outcome responsibility, and the morality of strict liability. Hore's book, and these essays, discuss fundamental questions about the relationship between moral and legal responsibility. They explore the contribution that the philosophy of action and of mind can make to understanding the law.
- Author BiographyJohn Gardner is Professor of Jurisprudence and Fellow of University College,Oxford. John Gardner is Professor of Jurisprudence and Fellow of University College, Oxford.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/10/2001
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2001
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight532 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJohn Gardner,Peter Cane
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.