All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is kwledge and how is it represented? This book focuses on the idea of formalising kwledge as relations, interpreting kwledge represented in databases or logic programs as relational data and discovering new kwledge by identifying hidden and defining new relations. After a brief introduction to representational issues, the author develops a relational language for abstract machine learning problems. He then uses this language to discuss traditional methods such as clustering and decision tree induction, before moving onto two previously underestimated topics that are just coming to the fore: rough set data analysis and inductive logic programming. Its clear and precise presentation is ideal for undergraduate computer science students. The book will also interest those who study artificial intelligence or machine learning at the graduate level. Exercises are provided and each concept is introduced using the same example domain, making it easier to compare the individual properties of different approaches.
- Author BiographyM. E. Mueller is a Professor of Computer Science at the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences.
- Author(s)M.E. Mueller
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/06/2012
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note50 b/w illus. 100 exercises
- Weight520 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.