All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this invative book, a revised English edition of an important Italian text, Fabio Folgheraiter presents a systematic introduction to networking and reflexive practice in social work. He draws on Italian experience and practice in community care and development to foster a deeper understanding of the relational core of social 'problems' and 'solutions', demonstrating an alternative approach to the current trend in positivistic evidence-based methods. The text explores how the interested parties in social care (users, carers, neighbours, volunteers, professional workers, managers, policy makers) can acquire a shared power in care planning and decision making. Folgheraiter demonstrates that when this networking and empowerment occurs, caring initiatives become truly social based and their efficacy increases. This book provides the framework for the repositioning of social care practice in relation to the state and civil society. The model of practice proposed is an important step towards the development of networks that can effect change locally, nationally and globally.
- Author BiographyFabio Folgheraiter is Professor of Social Work Methodology at the University of Trento, Italy, Professor at the Catholic University in Milan, Italy, and Honorary Professor at the University of Birmingham, UK. He is a widely published author in the field of international social work and the editor of the series Methods and Techniques of Social Work, including the Italian editions of more than 30 social work titles. He is also the director of the Italian journal Lavoro Sociale.
- Author(s)Fabio Folgheraiter
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication31/10/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight444 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byAdrian Belton
- Foreword byAnn Davis
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.