All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents an interdisciplinary discussion between researchers and clinicians about trauma in the relationship between infants and their parents. It makes an invative contribution to the field of infant mental health in bringing together previously separated paradigms of relational trauma from psychoanalysis, attachment and the neurosciences. With contributions from a range of experts, areas of discussion include: * intergenerational transmission of relational trauma and earliest intervention * the nature of the traumatising encounter between parent and infant * the therapeutic possibilities of parent-infant psychotherapy in changing the trajectory of transmitted trauma * training and supporting professionals working with traumatised parents and infants. Relational Trauma in Infancy will be of particular interest to trainee and qualified child and adult psychotherapists, clinical psychologists, child and adult psychiatrists, psychoanalysts, health care professionals and social workers.
- Author BiographyTessa Baradon developed and manages the Parent-Infant Project at The Anna Freud Centre. She is a practising child psychotherapist and supervisor and writes and lectures on applied psychoanalysis and parent-infant psychotherapy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byTessa Baradon
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.