All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an inquiry into the extent to which human relationships are foundational in morality. J. Kellenberger seeks to discover, first, how relationships between persons, and ultimately the relationship that each person has to each person by virtue of being a person, underlie the various traditional components of morality--obligation, virtue, justice, rights, and moral goods--and, second, how relationship morality is more fully consonant with our moral experience than other forms of human morality. Kellenberger traces the implications of relationship morality for an understanding of religious duty to God and for the status of our obligations to animals. He also examines issues relating to a feminist ethics of caring. While this book is a work in ethics, its approach is t limited to an examination of theories of obligation, such as utilitarianism, r is it limited to the traditional areas covered by wider philosophical treatments of ethics. It embraces these but examines such moral categories as love, respect for persons, shame, and their place in morality.
- Author BiographyJ. Kellenberger is Professor of Philosophy at California State University, Northridge. He is the author of, most recently, God-Relationships With and Without God (1989) and editor of Inter-Religious Models and Criteria (1993).
- Author(s)James Kellenberger
- PublisherPennsylvania State University Press
- Date of Publication21/05/2004
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPennsylvania State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight677 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.