Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives a comprehensive account of relativistic many-body perturbation theory, based upon field theory. After some introductory chapters about time-independent and time dependent many-body perturbation theory (MBPT), the standard techniques of S-matrix and Green's functions are reviewed. Next, the newly introduced covariant-evolution-operator method is described, which can be used, like the S-matrix method, for calculations in quantum electrodynamics (QED). Unlike the S-matrix method, this has a structure that is similar to that of MBPT and therefore can serve as basis for a unified theory. Such an approach is developed in the final chapters, and its equivalence to the Bethe-Salpeter equation is demonstrated. Possible applications are discussed and numerical illustrations given.
- Author(s)Ingvar Lindgren
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/05/2011
- Series TitleSpringer Series on Atomic, Optical, and Plasma Physics
- Series Part/Volume Number63
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Out-of-print date07/05/2016
- Content Note13 black & white tables, biography
- Weight736 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.