All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionPuts the emphasis on conceptual questions: Why is there such thing as absolute motion? What is the physical meaning of relativity of simultaneity? But, the most important question that is addressed in this book is what is the nature of spacetime? or, equivalently, what is the dimensionality of the world at the macroscopic level? Develops answers to these questions via a thorough analysis of relativistic effects and explicitly asking whether the objects involved in those effects are three-dimensional or four-dimensional. Discusses the implication of the result (this analysis clearly shows that if the world and the physical objects were three-dimensional, ne of the kinematic relativistic effects and the experimental evidence supporting them would be possible) for physics, philosophy, and our entire world view are discussed.
- Author BiographyPresently: Assistant Professor, Science College, Concordia University (in fact, I am associated with three departments - Liberal Arts College, Philosophy Department, and Science College) 1984 -1989: Adjunct Professor, Philosophy Department, Sofia University 1986 -1989: Researcher, Institute of Philosophy, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences Doctoral degrees in theoretical physics (1997, Concordia University) and philosophy of science (1988, Institute of Philosophy, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences).
- Author(s)Vesselin Petkov
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication09/07/2009
- Series TitleThe Frontiers Collection
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note70 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight683 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.