All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionManaging the emotional and physical challenges that come with aging can be difficult. Seniors face a number ofage-related issues, such as chronic pain, hypertension, heart disease, osteoporosis, arthritis, and anxiety and depression. And while some people may consider yoga a young person's practice, there is a growing body of evidence that suggests yoga can be beneficial for a wide variety of age-related ailments. Relax Into Yoga for Seniors-based on the invative Yoga for Seniors program, and including new material for fans of the Relax Into Yoga for Seniors DVD-provides a step-by-step guide that combines the best of modern, evidence-based medicine with the ancient wisdom, experience, and tradition of yogic teachings. With this book, you'll explore what yoga is and how to do it safely, including important movement considerations like how to get up and down from the floor with care, and how to stand and sit with healthy postural alignment. With this popular program, you'll be able to create a safe and effective individualized practice that will address your needs, take personal limitations into consideration, and help you relieve pain, become more flexible and active, and connect more deeply with your inner experience.
- Author BiographyCarol Krucoff, E-RYT, is a yoga therapist, fitness expert, and award winning-journalist. She creates individualized yoga programs for people with health challenges at Duke Integrative Medicine in Durham, NC, where she also codirects the Therapeutic Yoga for Seniors teacher training. A frequent contributor to Yoga Journal, Krucoff served as founding editor of the health section of The Washington Post, where her syndicated column, Bodyworks, appeared for twelve years. She has written for numerous national publications, including The New York Times and Reader's Digest, and is author of the book Healing Yoga for Neck and Shoulder Pain. Krucoff is creator of the home practice CD Healing Moves Yoga and cocreator of the DVD Relax Into Yoga for Seniors. Certified as a personal trainer by the American Council on Exercise, she also has earned a second degree black belt in karate, and sits on the peer-review board for the International Journal of Yoga Therapy. Krucoff has practiced yoga for more than thirty five years. Visit her online at www.healingmoves.com. Kimberly Carson, MPH, E-RYT, is a yoga and mindfulness health educator working at Oregon Health and Science University and Duke Medical Center. She specializes in older adults and students with major medical conditions. Carson consults on various National Institutes of Health grants studying the safety and efficacy of yoga and mindfulness interventions for vulnerable populations.
- Author(s)Carol Krucoff,Kimberly Carson
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication26/01/2017
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight536 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.