All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProportional-integral-derivative (PID) controllers are extensively used for efficient industrial operations. Autotuning such controllers is required for efficient operation. There are two ways of relay autotuning cascade control systems - simultaneous tuning and sequential tuning. This book discusses incorporation of higher order harmonics of relay autotuning for a single loop controller and cascade control systems to get accurate values of controller ultimate gain. It provides a simple method of designing P/PI controllers for series and parallel cascade control schemes. The authors also focus on estimation of model parameters of unstable FOPTD systems, stable SOPTD and unstable SOPTDZ systems using a single relay feedback test. The methodology and final results explained in this book are useful in tuning controllers. The text would be of use to graduate students and researchers for further studies in this area.
- Author BiographyDr M. Chidambaram has authored three books and published 165 research papers in journals in the field of process control. He served as Director, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli during the period 2005-2010. He is presently working as a Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. Dr Vivek Sathe received his PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, and is presently working as Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere, Maharashtra. He has 18 years of teaching experience. He has published nearly 100 articles in national and international journals. His research interests are feedback control systems, relay tuning, control theory and modeling.
- Author(s)M. Chidambaram,Vivek Sathe
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight750 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.