All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis revised and expanded edition of Paul W. Justice's popular text provides a straightforward, accessible introduction to the basics of linguistics for education students and all non-linguistics majors, covering the essentials of phonetics, phonology, morphology, morpho-phonology, and syntax. While this overview is accessible to any student, Justice's text will be of particular use in teacher training programs, many of which now expose trainees to these topics in order to cope with rising linguistic diversity in classrooms. Each chapter of Relevant Linguistics leads students through descriptive analysis, helps them grasp linguistic concepts, and provides them with the reference materials necessary for their own teaching. This second edition contains more exercises as well as expanded and clarified explanations of the issues discussed in the first edition. Also included are more references to areas such as the history of English and semantics.
- Author BiographyPaul W. Justice is a lecturer at San Diego State University and an instructor at Grossmont College.
- Author(s)Paul W. Justice
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication05/10/2004
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleCenter for the study of language & information - lecture notes
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content NoteIllustrations,
- Weight786 g
- Width219 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.