All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPregnancy weakens the ligaments that keep the pelvic bones together. If these ligaments become overloaded, pelvic instability can result, leading to pain around the joints that may last for weeks or even years. Cecile Rost, a physiotherapist, has devised a treatment programme that is simple to undertake and has a 90-percent success rate.Her book is in two parts. Part One uses over 100 illustrations showing symmetry and stabilisation exercises to control the pelvis and the best positions for sitting, standing, lying and other daily activities. The exercises do not cause any pain and can be done at home or under supervision. Part Two is for carers and gives background information about pelvic pain, a protocol for a first consultation and advanced details of the therapy. In Holland, where this treatment originated, physicians and obstetricians are enthusiastic about the authors work and many women buy the book to take to their doctors.
- Author BiographyCecile Rost is a physical therapist who suffered pelvic pain during her own three pregnancies. She has developed an effective method to deal with pelvic pain and teaches women and other physical therapists her simple solution. She lives in The Netherlands.
- Author(s)Cecile C. M. Rost,Christine Buttinger,Jacqueline Kaiser
- PublisherHunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/06/2006
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationAlameda, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight450 g
- Width186 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.