All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis introduces a carefully designed step-by-step, day-by-day pursuit of Spiritual Transformation. This helps seekers and new believers explore Christian faith like it was when his first followers observed their Lord and Master, learning about spirituality within a personal relationship with Jesus. This contrasts the pre-institutional life and faith of Jesus Christ before the historic church (in every generation, in every form and reform) corrupted the faith of Jesus. Spiritual Transformation calls for an uncompromising, life-long commitment to follow Jesus as our One and Only Life Coach. It requires learning to interpret all the Scriptures in the way Jesus did. This carefully defined pursuit course accents each Discipline or Commandment of Jesus. The material is shaped for the average person, the unnamed face in the marketplace; Jesus personally called ordinary, working-class men and women to be his first followers. This material has been tested and found to be extremely productive within a variety of contexts: one-on-one disciple-shaping relationships and small groups for seekers or new believers within church fellowships. Any ble pursuit without a means of measuring progress soon loses its effectiveness. One of the most unique features of this material is that it incorporates a Spiritual Transformation Assessment tool. This is usually employed first alone and then with the input and encouragement of spiritual leaders, accountability partners or other friends within the community of faith.
- Author BiographyThe author is a Licensed Professional Counselor. His values and approach closely align with those of the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC). Involvement in Christian ministry stretches across decades has been invested in part-time and full-time missions, evangelism, pastoral care and counseling in unique congregations and professional settings. He helped form and lead the International Mission of Churches of Christ in the Twin Towers of New York's World Trade Center. His present ministry helped form a spiritually intimate house church which envisions always being under divine construction, always aspiring transformation in order to faithfully reflect an intimate, nondenominational, multi-generational, multicultural, congregation in Miami, Florida, one of America's most diverse cities. His post-graduate studies were completed in three unique theological institutions. These were chosen to expose him to diverse theological perspectives studied for both their inevitable tensions and unifying strengths. He wanted to expose himself to a more objective examination of God's truth than might come from education viewed through key hole of a single theological perspective. Dr. Mitchell grew to identify with some of the experiences of Rabbi Saul from Tarsus/the Apostle Paul, who discovered something profound at the end of his rabbinic training. He contrasted his rich education as a trash-heap against his discovering the living Lord. Under the accumulated garbage of religious legalism, dogmas and clerical dictates, Paul discovered a treasure; he desired to know nothing except Jesus Christ! He dedicates this 52-Day Spiritual Transformation Pursuit to all who desire to be taught of God to obey all the commandments of Jesus while depending fully upon the purging and purification, the corrective discipline and powerful leading of the Holy Spirit! Faithful believers recognize Jesus is all three of these: Model, Messenger and Message of the whole Bible, sent to reveal Spiritual Transformation! This Guide attempts to interpret and apply each Commandment or Discipline of Jesus in the way Jesus lived and related with others. After many years confessing faith in Jesus Christ, the author learned that Spiritual Transformation calls for an uncompromising, life-long commitment to follow Jesus as our One and Only Life Coach. Religious dogma, rules and regulations can never produce what Jesus alone must accomplish in our lives.
- Author(s)Kieth A Mitchell D Min
- Date of Publication13/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.