All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReligions often nurture important skills that help believers locate themselves in the world. Religious perceptions, practices, emotions, and beliefs are closely interwoven with the environments from which they emerge. Sigurd Bergmann's driving emphasis here is to explore religion t in relation to, but as a part of the spatiality and movement within the environment from which it arises and is nurtured. Religion, Space, and the Environment emerges from the author's experiences in different places and continents over the past decade. At the book's heart lie the questions of how space, place, and religion amalgamate and how lived space and lived religion influence each other. Bergmann explores how religion and the memory of our past impact our lives in urban spaces; how the sacred geographies in Mayan and rtheast Asian lands compare to modern eco-spirituality; and how human images and practices of moving in, with, and through the land are interwoven with the processes of colonization and sacralizing, and the practices of power and visions of the sacred, among other topics.
- Author BiographySigurd Bergmann is professor of religious studies (theology, ethics, and philosophy of religion) at the department of philosophy and religious studies, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, and initiator and former chair of the European Forum for the Study of Religion and the Environment. His publications include Creation Set Free, God in Context, In the Beginning is the Icon, The Ethics of Mobility, and Theology in Built Environments.
- Author(s)Sigurd Bergmann
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication30/01/1991
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSomerset, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Content Note150 black & white illustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.