All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReligion and Alcohol: Sobering Thoughts is an intriguing and thought-provoking collection of ten essays divided into two main parts. The first part focuses on the use or prohibition of alcohol in various religious traditions, with chapters exploring the Christian New Testament, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and tribal religions. The second half of the book considers alcohol in its historical context, with chapters examining drinking in medieval monasticism, Victorian England, the American South, and films, as well as the influence of movements such as Alcoholics Anymous.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: C. K. Robertson is an Episcopal priest and part-time Professor of Ethics and Communications at Georgia College & State University. A Fellow of the Episcopal Church Foundation, he holds a Ph.D. in theology from Durham University, England, and serves on the Advisory Board for Film Clips, Inc. Dr. Robertson is seen weekly on the Hallmark Channel program Day 1, and he is the author of Conflict in Corinth: Redefining the System (Peter Lang, 2001), The Kerygma of Billy Graham, and Barnabas: A Model for Holistic Stewardship, as well as editor of Religion as Entertainment (Peter Lang, 2002). He lives with his wife and three children in Georgia.
- Author(s)C. K. Robertson
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight380 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byC. K. Robertson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.