All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionReligion and Hopi Life tells the story of Hopi religious life in a way that makes sense to both Hopis and outsiders. In his interpretation of Hopi religion, John D. Loftin does t subject religious meaning to secular analysis. While t the Hopi's own story, his account attempts to hor and do justice to the way in which the Hopi embody religious meaning through the living of their lives. The second edition of this highly praised book keeps scholarly debates and theories to a minimum, except when they help illuminate the understanding of Hopi religious orientation and worldview. Several important studies of the Hopi have emerged since the book's first publication, and their findings have been incorporated. The book also includes new material on shamanism, death, witchcraft, myth, tricksters, and kachina initiations. This updated edition incorporates other mir corrections and additions to the text, and revises and expands the foottes and the antated bibliography.
- Author BiographyJOHN D. LOFTIN is a lawyer and teaches in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Author(s)John D. Loftin
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication08/05/2003
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleReligion in North America
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note1 bibliog., 2 index
- Weight386 g
- Width3556 mm
- Height5334 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.