Religion and Politics in the 21st Century: Global and Local Reflections by Cambridge Scholars Publishing (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $129.27+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $220.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReligion and Politics in the 21st Century is composed of a number of articles that were presented during the 2012 international conference on Religion and Politics in the Globalization Era organized by the Centre for Political Analysis in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. With careful attention given to 21st century religious resurgence and its dynamic interactions with political structures and the public sphere, the present volume captures a wide variety of perspectives on contemporary religion and politics, ranging from theoretical approaches to case studies and from analyzing global facets to exploring local situations. Its thematic richness and its careful exploration of t only present realities, but also of patterns of past interactions and of possible future directions, render this volume a valuable resource for scholars, policy makers and the general public as well.
- Author BiographyVasile Boari is Professor at the Faculty of Political, Administrative and Communication Sciences of Babes-Bolyai University in Cluj and Director of the Centre for Political Analysis and of the Institute for Global Studies of Babes-Bolyai University. He is the author of Dialectica raportului constiinta morala-constiinta politica (The Dialectic of the Relation Moral Conscience-Political Conscience, 1987), Filosofia si conditia morala a cetatii (Philosophy and the Moral Condition of the City, 1991), Noua Europa in cautarea identitatii (The New Europe in Search of its Identity, 2009), and Filosofie si Politica (Philosophy and Politics, 2009). Natalia Vlas is a Researcher at the Centre for Political Analysis of Babes-Bolyai University. She received her PhD in International Relations and European Studies in 2008. She is the author of Religia si globalizarea la inceputul secolului XXI (Religion and Globalization at the Beginning of the 21st Century, 2008) and has co-edited several collective volumes, such as Studii Politice, Volume 2 (2007), Cine sunt romanii? Perspective asupra identitatii nationale (2009), Romania dupa douazeci de ani, Volumes 1 and 2 (2010, 2011), Intelectualii si puterea (2011), and Twenty years After: A Romanian Story (forthcoming). Her main research interests include ethics, political theology, religion in international relations, and globalization.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight576 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byNatalia Vlas,Vasile Boari
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.