All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discuses what happens when the LDS religion, claiming to be the voice of the Lord. . . unto all men interacts with modern science, claiming to have a Theory of Everything ? The author is a nuclear physicist who believes his religion including the miraculous events of its origin and also believes that science discovers truths about nature. He covers important questions that arise when you believe both sources of truth. Are miracles real? Are the scriptures inspired? Why did God make nature to generally appear to follow natural law alone and allow men to deny the need for a Creator? Ancient prophets who wrote the Book of Mormon looked forward to a future time when their words would be revealed as a voice from the dust. Written for us, the Book of Mormon answers the core questions needed to reconcile the success of modern science with the belief that God lives and communicates with us, his children. Once you see that both religion and science are true, nature is more than a set of puzzles to understand and exploit before we die. It is God's gift to sustain and inspire us. There is an urgency to include both religion and science in our lives. Our individual happiness is at stake and both sources of truth say that time is running out for our materialistic civilization. Only those who are willing to obey God will see a better future world freed from today's evils.
- Author BiographyGary Carlson served a LDS mission in Mexico, and after returning completed his PhD in physics at the University of Utah. He worked 39 years for Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in the science of nuclear explosives. Now he and his wife live in Utah near their grand children.
- Author(s)Gary W Carlson
- Date of Publication06/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.