All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the dynamic interaction between religion and tourism in the modern world. It considers questions such as: * do travellers leave their religion at home when they are touring - and what happens if t? * what are the relationships between tourism and pilgrimage? * what happens to religious performances, places and festivals that function as tourism attractions? Other chapters examine religious theme parks, wellness and spa tourism, the roles played by tourist guides, guidebooks and religious souvenirs, and the role of tourism as a major arena of religious encounters in the contemporary world. Surveying the growing body of work in the field, Michael Stausberg argues that tourism should be a major focus of research within religious studies.
- Author BiographyMichael Stausberg is Professor of Religion at the University of Bergen, Norway. He is the European editor of the journal Religion, and his recent publications include (as editor) Contemporary Theories of Religion (also published by Routledge).
- Author(s)Michael Stausberg
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2010
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.