All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors of this volume present a detailed philosophico-theological discussion of the relation between religion and metaphysics. If thinkers like Richard Rorty and Kai Nielsen are right to insist that metaphysical speculation must be abandoned for good, then what are the prospects for religion? Is belief in an omnipotent God t inexctricably linked with belief in a metaphysical ground of all being? Indeed, can one even speak intelligibly about causal or moral necessity without invoking the tion of a transcendent reality? On the other hand, is the concept of metaphysics t as multi-faceted as the modes of religious discourse themselves? The contributors approach these questions from their own distinctive (philosophical and theological) perspectives, in the process disentangling some of the complex conceptual issues surrounding religion and metaphysics.
- Author BiographyDewi Z. Phillips, was Rush Rhees Research Professor, University of Wales, Swansea and Danforth Professor of the Philosophy of Religion at the Claremont Graduate School, CaliforniaMario von der Ruhr, is Lecturer in Philosophy at Swansea University, UK.
- PublisherJCB Mohr (Paul Siebeck)
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleReligion in Philosophy and Theology
- Series Part/Volume Number34
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintJCB Mohr (Paul Siebeck)
- Weight281 g
- Edited byDewi Zephaniah Phillips,Mario Von Der Ruhr
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.