All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReligion is a major force in contemporary society. It is also one of the least understood social and political influences on individuals and communities. In this innovative collection of original essays and classic readings, experts explore the significance of contemporary religiosity: as a source of meaning and motivation, how it unites and divides us, and how it is used politically and culturally. Readers will be introduced to the broad debates in ways that will equip them to analyze, discuss, and make their own judgments about religion and society. This book should be read by anyone interested in understanding religion as a central source of meaning and politics, and is ideally suited for undergraduate teaching on religion and social issues and from a global perspective.
- Author BiographyMelissa M. Wilcox is Associate Professor and Chair of Religion, and Director of Gender Studies at Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington. She has been teaching courses on the sociology of religion for over ten years, and is the author or co-editor of three other books focusing on religion, sexuality, and gender.
- Author(s)Melissa M. Wilcox
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Sociological Perspectives
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight1156 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.