Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionDilemmas surrounding the role for religious beliefs and experiences permeate the school lives of teachers and teacher educators. Inspired by the need for teachers and students to more fully understand such dilemmas, this book examines the relationship between religion and teaching/learning in a democratic society. Written for pre-service and in-service teachers, it will engage readers in thinking about how their own religious backgrounds affect their teaching; how students' religious backgrounds influence their learning; how common experiences of school and classroom life privilege some religions at the expense of others; and how students can better understand diverse religious beliefs and interact with people from other backgrounds. The focus is specifically on classroom issues related to religious understandings and experiences of teachers and students, and the implications of those for developing democratic citizens. Grounded in both research and personal experience, each chapter provides thought-provoking evidence related to the role of religion in schools and society and asks readers to consider the consequences of varied ways of responding to the dilemmas posed.
- Author BiographyJennifer Hauver James is Associate Professor of Social Studies Education at the University of Georgia, USA. Simone Schweber is Goodman Professor of Education and Jewish Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA. Robert Kunzman is Professor and Associate Dean for Teacher Education Faculty at Indiana University, Bloomington, USA. Keith C. Barton is Professor of Curriculum and Instruction at Indiana University, USA. Kimberly Logan is a recent graduate from the Department of Educational Theory and Practice at the University of Georgia, USA.
- Author(s)Jennifer Hauver James,Keith C. Barton,Kimberly Logan,Robert Kunzman,Simone A. Schweber
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.