All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReligion mattered to the prehistoricSouthwestern people, just as it matters to their descendents today. Examining the role of religion can help to explain architecture, pottery, agriculture, even commerce. But archaeologists have only recently developed the theoretical and methodological tools with which to study this topic. Religion in the Prehispanic Southwest marks the first book-length study of prehistoric religion in the region. Drawing on a rich array of empirical approaches, the contributors show the importance of understanding beliefs and ritual for a range of time periods and southwestern societies. For professional and avocational archaeologists, for religion scholars and students, Religion in the Prehispanic Southwest represents an important contribution.
- Author BiographyChristine S. VanPool is visiting assistant professor of anthropology at the University of Missouri. Todd VanPool is assistant professor of anthropology at the University of Missouri. David A. Phillips, Jr. is curator of archaeology at the Maxwell Museum of Anthropology and an adjunct associate professor of anthropology at the University of New Mexico.
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/03/2006
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleArchaeology of Religion
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byChristine S. VanPool,David A. Phillips,Todd L. VanPool
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.