Religion of Peace?: Why Christianity is and Islam Isn't by Robert Spencer, Robert R Spencer (Microfilm, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChristianity or Islam: which is the real religion of peace ? Almost any liberal pundit will tell you that there's a religion bent on destroying our Constitution, stripping us of our liberties, and imposing religious rule on the U.S. And that religion is ...Christianity! About Islam, however, the Left is silent--except to claim a moral equivalence between the two: if Islam has terrorists today, that's thing compared to the Crusades, inquisitions, and religious wars in Christianity's past. But is this true? Are conservative Christians really more of a threat to free societies than Islamic jihadists? Is the Bible really just as violent as the Qur'an? Is Christianity's history really as bloodstained as Islam's? In Religion of Peace? Why Christianity Is and Islam Isn't, New York Times bestselling author Robert Spencer t only refutes such charges, but also explains why Americans and Europeans must regain an appreciation of our Christian heritage if we ever hope to defeat Islamic supremacism. In this eye opening work, Spencer reveals: * The fundamental differences between Islamic and Christian teachings about warfare against other religions: Love your enemies vs. Be ruthless to the unbelievers * The myth of Western immorality and Islamic puritanism and why the Islamic world is less moral than the West * Why the Islamic world has never developed the distinction between religious and secular law that is inherent in Christianity * Why Christianity has always embraced reason--and Islam has always rejected it * Why the most determined enemies of Western civilization may t be the jihadists at all, but the leftists who fear their churchgoing neighbors more than Islamic terrorists * Why Jews, Christians, and peoples of other faiths (or faith) are equally at risk from militant Islam Spencer writes t to proselytize, but to state a fact: Christianity is a true religion of peace, and on it Western civilization stands. If we are t to perish under Islam's religion of the sword--with its more than 100 million active jihadists seeking to impose sharia law--we had better defend our own civilization.
- Author(s)Robert R Spencer,Robert Spencer
- PublisherRegnery Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication23/08/2007
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRegnery Publishing Inc
- Weight454 g
- Width160 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.