All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe transcripted conversations that represent the substance of this volume are the result of a research project funded by the United Kingdom's Arts and Humanities Research Council. The product of nearly three years of interviews conducted with senior religious figures from a diversity of religious traditions, this book represents a physical and political-theological journey around England - from metropolitan capital through provincial cities and rural hinterlands, from rural episcopal palaces to industrial estates, from London mansion houses to remote mountain monastery - and provides a snapshot of how religious leaders and authority figures respond to contemporary issues of freedom of expression. Religious Authority and the Arts has a substantial introduction that situates the conversations within a theological, political, and cultural framework.
- Author BiographyLiam Francis Gearon is Senior Research Fellow at Harris Manchester College and Associate Professor in the Department of Education, University of Oxford. With a doctorate in English literature, Dr. Gearon has wide multi- and interdisciplinary interests. He has written or edited more than twenty books in religion, politics, education, and literature, and has undertaken consultancy work for UNESCO, Paris. His work has been translated into a range of languages, including Georgian, Japanese, and Russian. Previous positions include two full professorships at Roehampton University and Plymouth University and two honorary professorships in Australia at the Australian Catholic University and at Newcastle University. He has undertaken funded research for the Arts and Humanities Research Council, the British Academy, and the Leverhulme Trust.
- Author(s)Liam Francis Gearon
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication09/09/2015
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleWashington College Studies in Religion, Politics, and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight550 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.