All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReligious Education: Educating for Diversity raises issues that are central to the theory and practice of education, and in particular religious education, in modern liberal democracies characterized by diversity in its different forms. What kind of religious education is best equipped both to challenge prejudice and intolerance in society and to develop responsible and respectful relationships between people from different communities or with different commitments? Two eminent educators address this question and propose contrasting answers. Attention is given to the aims of education and the contribution of religious education to the curriculum; historical forms of religious education; the nature of diversity in society; the roots of prejudice; different methodologies in religious education and their philosophical and religious commitments; and to positive strategies to enable religious education to realise its potential and contribute to the social and moral aims of liberal education.
- Author BiographyL. Philip Barnes is Emeritus Reader in Religious and Theological Education at King's College London, UK. Andrew Davis is Honorary Research Fellow at the School of Education, Durham University, UK. He is the author of a number of books, including Educational Assessment and Accountability (2008). J. Mark Halstead is Emeritus Professor of Education, University of Huddersfield, UK. He is the author of a number of books and co-author of Values in Sex Education (2003) and Citizenship and Moral Education (2006).
- Author(s)Andrew Davis,L. Philip Barnes
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleKey Debates in Educational Policy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight209 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byProfessor J. Mark Halstead
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.