All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe Christian Life Studies series aims to help students in the first four years of secondary education explore and respond to a Christian understanding of life. It is underpinned by Biblical theological principles, thus enabling the exploration of deep questions of life. What is real? Who is God? What's wrong with the world? How should I live? It encourages a quality-learning environment through engagement, and focuses on issues of significance for Australian youth in secondary schools. This title, Christian Life Studies 2, explores the effects of the Holy Spirit at work in Christian believers and in the world. Students are helped to make ethical choices and to understand their personal growth, the importance of relationships, and the possibilities for fruitful engagement in the world today. Each unit of the text covers about three weeks of R.E. class time, with approximately 12 units per year. There is a logical ordering in the sequencing of units, but because each unit can stand alone, teachers are able to choose units of particular relevance to their school's requirements. There is also eugh conceptual material in each unit for the teacher to have the flexibility to spend more time on one topic that may have particular interest and meaning for their students. The Authors Peter Turnbull has taught for over 25 years in Melbourne Anglican Schools with a passion to communicate the Christian Faith to youth. He has degrees in Applied Science and Theology. He presently is working as an Ordained Chaplain at Trinity Grammar in Melbourne. Angela Eynaud has over 20 years of classroom experience teaching Religious Education and has many years involvement in youth ministry. She is currently teaching at Northside Christian College Bundoora Victoria. In her spare time she has pursued her interest in writing and she has been published in three anthologies of Christian short stories and written articles for several magazines. Angela has written a number of educational publications at primary and secondary levels. Stephen Fyson has worked with young people and their communities for 30 years including over 20 years working in Christian schooling. He is currently teaching at Belmont Christian College in New South Wales. He has qualifications in education, theology and a PHD in psychology. Stephen is a Registered Psychologist. Christian Schools Australia fosters leadership, growth and excellence in Christian school education. It is committed is to see Christian beliefs and values impact on all aspects of practice and community life in its member schools. It also works to advance the cause of Christian schooling through curriculum development and teaching resources such as this series.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2008
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleChristian Life Studies Series
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationMilton, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Weight800 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.