All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo story has more significance than this: the death and resurrection of Jesus. But somehow the oft-repeated tale of Christ's passion can become too familiar, too formalized, for us to experience its incredible immediacy. The meditations in Reliving the Passion , which received a Gold Medallion Award in 1993, follow the story as given in the gospel of Mark - from the moment when the chief priests plot to kill Jesus to the Resurrection. But these readings are more than a recounting of events; they are an imaginary reenactment, leading the reader to re-experience the Passion or perhaps see it fully for the very first time. As only a great storyteller can, Walter Wangerin enables the reader to see the story from the inside, to discover the strangeness and wonder of the events as they unfold. It's like being there. In vivid images and richly personal detail, Wangerin helps us recognize our own faces on the streets of Jerusalem; breathe the dark and heavy air of Golgotha; and experience, as Mary and Peter did, the bewilderment, the challenge, and the ultimate revelation of kwing the man called Jesus. The story gets personal for every reader, writes Wangerin, for this is indeed our story, the story whereby we personally have been saved from such a death as Jesus died. No, there is t ather tale in the world more meaningful than this - here is where we all take our stands against sin and death and Satan, upon this historical, historic event. I consider it a holy privilege to participate in it retelling. Read this book slowly. Read it with a seeing faith. Walk the way with Jesus. We, his followers of later centuries, do follow even w. Read, walk, come, sigh, live. Live! Rise again!
- Author BiographyWalter Wangerin Jr. is widely recognized as one of the most gifted writers writing today on the issues of faith and spirituality. Among his books are The Book of God; Paul: A Novel; Whole Prayer; Reliving the Passion; Preparing for Jesus; Mary's First Christmas; Peter's First Easter; Ragman and Other Cries of Faith; Miz Lil and the Chronicles of Grace; Little Lamb, Who Made Thee? Mourning Into Dancing; The Book of Sorrows; A Miniature Cathedral; The Orphean Passages; and Crying for a Vision. He lives in Valparaiso, Indiana, where he is writer-in-residence at Valparaiso University and holds the Jochum Chair. Walter Wangerin se hizo famoso cuando recibio un premio como autor de The Book of the Dun Cow [El libro de la Vaca Parda]. Desde entonces ha ganado otros premios y honores, incluso medallas de oro por sus libros, entre los que estan The Book of God [El libro de Dios], Reliving the Pasion [Recuerdo de la Pasion], Peter's First Easter [El Primer Domigo de Resureccionde Pedro], Mourning into Dancing [Como Cambiar el Lamento en Baile], The Manger is Empty [El Pesebre Vacio] y Little Lamb, Who Made Thee? ['Quien te hizo, Corderito?]. Escribio el libro para ninos Mary's First Christmas [La primera Navidad de Maria], que ha sido un exito de libreria. Wangerin ocupa la catedra Jochum en la Universidad de Valparaiso, donde es escritor residente. Vive con su esposa en Valparaiso, Indiana.
- PrizesWinner of Christian Book Award 1993.
- Author(s)Walter Wangerin
- Date of Publication18/02/1992
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight242 g
- Width134 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.