All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA memoir of the two years we lived and worked in Kabul, Afghanistan with the Teachers College, Columbia University contract team. This was a time of peace for this afflicted country, before the introduction of Peace Corps volunteers, before the overthrow of the king in 1973, before the Soviet invasion of 1979, before the tribal civil war and subsequent takeover by the Taliban, and before the American invasion of 2001. The author reflects on his time and work there as part of the broader U.S. technical assistance effort in the period of the Cold War, told as a purely personal recollection.
- Author BiographyThe author is Professor emeritus of English, University of Wisconsin-Madison, where he specialized in English language and linguistics and where he established the university's Program in English as a Second Language to support international students. His work has taken him to Japan, India, Poland, and China in addition to Afghanistan.
- Author(s)Professor of English Charles T Scott
- Date of Publication09/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.