All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCome with me to my family's old house in Lionsville. It's full of memories. It's a special place. Uncle Pat calls it a secret place...We played in that old tin cubby, swam in the creek with the catfish, and fell asleep to the ribbip of frogs at night...And around the red cedar table we listened to the old people's stories. We learned a lot that way...Rewned artist Bronwyn Bancroft's Remembering Lionsville brings to vivid life her family's oral history and her own childhood memories...
- Author BiographyBronwyn Bancroft is an artist and designer whose artworks have been collected and shown by galleries throughout Australia and around the world...A descendant of the Bundjalung people, Bronwyn studied at the Canberra School of Art, eventually starting Designer Aboriginals, training Aboriginal women in arts and craft. She was one of the founders of Boomalli, the Aboriginal Artists' Cooperative, was a board member of the Council of the National Gallery of Australia, has been Chair of the Visual Arts and Crafts Committee for the NSW Ministry of the Arts, and is a well-known speaker on Aboriginal art and advocacy issues. Since 1993 Bronwyn has authored and illustrated many award-winning children's books, including Possum and Wattle and Patterns of Australia.
- Author(s)Bronwyn Bancroft
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width300 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.