All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA death in the family opens memories of ather loss suffered years earlier, in the closing days of World War II. A letter in the mail brings a new dimension to that earlier death and unsettles an old, accepted version of events. In this tender remembrance, David Everitt recounts the story of his mother's first marriage to a man named Sam Kramer, a soldier fighting against Nazi Germany who was killed on his unit's next-to-last day of combat. Everitt begins to explore this hidden chapter in his mother's life after his father's sudden death from cardiac arrest in 1999, when memories reemerge about the first time his mother had to contend with the loss of a beloved spouse. Previously uncomfortable about examining the life of the man who preceded his father, Everitt w sees the need for completing this corner of the family portrait.
- Author BiographyDavid Everitt's book A Shadow of Red, about communism and the blacklist in radio and television, has been widely praised. Mr. Everitt is a former magazine editor whose writings have appeared in the New York Times, Entertainment Weekly, Biography, and American History, and he has also written King of the Half Hour. He lives in Huntington, New York.
- Author(s)David Everitt
- PublisherIvan R Dee, Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2008
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIvan R Dee, Inc
- Out-of-print date21/02/2013
- Weight385 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.