All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe aquatic coastal zone is one of the most challenging targets for environmental remote sensing. Properties such as bottom reflectance, spectrally diverse suspended sediments and phytoplankton communities, diverse benthic communities, and transient events that affect surface reflectance (coastal blooms, ruff, etc.) all combine to produce an optical complexity t seen in terrestrial or open ocean systems. Despite this complexity, remote sensing is proving to be an invaluable tool for Case 2 waters. This book presents recent advances in coastal remote sensing with an emphasis on applied science and management. Case studies of the operational use of remote sensing in ecosystem studies, monitoring, and interfacing remote sensing/science/management are presented. Spectral signatures of phytoplankton and suspended sediments are discussed in detail with accompanying discussion of why blue water (Case 1) algorithms cant be applied to Case 2 waters. Audience This book is targeted for scientists and managers interested in using remote sensing in the study or management of aquatic coastal environments. With only limited discussion of optics and theory presented in the book, such researchers might benefit from the detailed presentations of aquatic spectral signatures, and to operational management issues. While t specifically written for remote sensing scientists, it will prove to be a useful reference for this community for the current status of aquatic coastal remote sensing.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/02/2006
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleRemote Sensing and Digital Image Processing
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 9
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note34 black & white tables, biography
- Weight741 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byEllsworth F. LeDrew,Laurie L. Richardson
- Edition Statement2006
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.