All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA shy young girl who always tried to be good and please others, Susan could have chosen other careers such as teacher, nurse, or librarian. Instead, Susan turned to something whe knew would never disappoint her and in 1959, after high school graduation, her parents proudly but reluctantly escorted her to her new home as a Postulant in the Ursuline Sisters' Motherhouse in Long Island, NY. As she donned her heavy black dress with cape, stiff white collar and cuffs, and attached the unfamiliar veil on her head (sans mirror- first lesson, a postulant must t be vain) for the first time, she could t imagine how her life would evolve over the next nine years. She imagined herself as striving towards purity in thought, mind and deed, in her eventual fate as a saint. But it was really, really hard.
- Author BiographySusan Bassler Pickford is a teacher and writer. She entered the convent at 17 and became an Ursuline of Tildonk. At 26 she returned home where she taught at Red Bank Catholic High School for four years and earned a MAT at Monmouth College. She married and moved to Chelmsford, MA where whe raised two boys while continuing to teach at Keith Catholic HS. She earned a MEd in English as a Second Language and a CAS from Harvard and taught in the Lowell Public Schools until she retired. The family moved to Portland, ME. Susan has tuaght at the University of New England as an adjunct faculty member since 2001. Her stories for children and plays for middle school students can be found on Amazon.com.
- Author(s)Susan Bassler Pickford
- PublisherS B P Collaboration Works
- Date of Publication08/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintS B P Collaboration Works
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.