All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $29.80
- AU $36.36Trending at AU $38.09
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.24
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.27
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.69
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $58.92
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $32.40
About this product
- Description'Munchies' offers over 100 pages of delicious and urishing kidney-friendly foods and simple recipes with practical tips to enhance your daily cooking. Enjoy these treats with a focus on foods you can munch while hooked up during your dialysis treatments.
- Author BiographySeveral years ago, louise was a successful high-tech sales and marketing consultant who had recently gone into remission from successfully fighting lymphoma and overcoming a host of physical ailments. All of a sudden as her 62nd birthday approached, she began to drastically slow down and had trouble breathing; she seemed to lack all energy. She didn't want to deal with a new problem and thought it must be something to just 'get through'. On her birthday though, she ended up being rushed to the emergency room. For louise, life's punch to the gut appeared as kidney disease and it just about knocked her out. She's now on dialysis having been diagnosed with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD - did you know that almost 1 in 10 Americans have kidney disease?) at a Davita Dialysis clinic in Cameron Park, CA, still learning how to deal with her kidney disease. It hasn't always been easy; she's been so angry because no one has had a reason for the disease coming out of nowhere. As you know, your life is immeasurably changed upon diagnosis and making a successful transition depends on lots of pieces fitting together. Her doctors, dialysis staff and food/diet are three of the important pieces of this puzzle. In order to deal with all the restrictions germain to a renal diet, louise decided to develop some tasty recipes - because she loves to eat and wanted something positive to look forward to each day. Hoping you find hours of enjoyment and good health through reading 'Munchines'...
- Author(s)Louise Stanley
- Date of Publication06/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.