CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionRule IV. There is need of a method for finding out the truth. Rule V. Method consists entirely in the order and disposition of the objects toward which our mental vision must be directed if we would find out any truth. We shall comply with it exactly if we reduce involved and obscure propositions step be step to those that are s- pler, and then starting with the intuitive apprehension of all those that are absolutely simple, attempt to ascend to the kwledge of all others by precisely similar steps. -Rene Descartes, Rules for the Direction of Mind ...Perhaps he would sooner satisfy himself by resolving light into colours as far as may be done by Art, and then by examining the properties of those colours apart, and afterwards by trying the effects of reconjoyning two or more or all of those, and lastly by separating them again to examine what changes that reconjunction had wrought in them. This will prove a tedious and difficult task to do it as it ought to be done but I could t be satisfied till I had gone through it. -From Newton's letter, quoted in The Life of Isaac Newton by Richard Westfall. Cambridge University Press, 1993.
- Author(s)Michael S. Goligorsky
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication09/07/2003
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 86
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight901 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.