All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do we heat our homes, light our rooms, and power our cars? With energy! In 2014, the United States relied on fossil fuels for about 67 percent of its power. But as the fossil fuel supply dwindles and climate change becomes an increasingly urgent issue, individuals, businesses, and governments are expanding their sources of renewable energy, including solar, wind, biofuel, hydro, and geothermal. In Renewable Energy: Discover the Fuel of the Future, readers ages 9 to 12 learn about these renewable energy sources and discover how sunshine can be used to power light bulbs and how the earth's natural heat can be used to warm our houses. Young readers weigh the pros and cons of different energy sources and make their own informed opinions about which resources are the best choices for different uses. Renewable energy industries provide a booming field for future scientists and engineers. This book shows kids these future jobs and gets them excited about contributing to a world run on clean energy. Hands-on projects, essential questions, links to online primary sources, and science-minded prompts to think more about energy, the environment, and the repercussions of our choices make this book a key addition to classrooms and libraries.
- Author BiographyJoshua Sneideman is an Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow with 10 years of experience as a middle school science teacher. He founded ECO International, an intercollegiate Environmental Congress to help Costa Rican high schools develop environmental community action plans. Joshua lives in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Erin Twamley is a professional adult educator and education specialist providing research and communications support in education. Erin lives in Washington, DC. Heather Jane Brinesh holds a degree in art from Hampshire College and a Master's of Fine Arts in Illustration from Academy of Art University in San Francisco. She currently serves as the lead artist for an independently-published serial and teaches art and humanities at Marin Montessori Junior High. Heather lives in in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Erin Twamley,Joshua Sneideman
- PublisherNomad Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleBuild it Yourself
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNomad Press
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout, maps throughout, charts throughout
- Weight471 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Heather Jane Brinesh
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.