Renewable Energy: Power for a Sustainable Future by Oxford University Press (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.13+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $94.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe provision of sustainable energy supplies for an expanding and increasingly productive world is one of the major issues facing civilisation today. Renewable Energy examines both the practical and ecomic potential of the renewable energy sources to meet this challenge. The underlying physical and techlogical principles behind deriving power from direct solar (solar thermal and photovoltaics), indirect solar (biomass, hydro, wind and wave) and n-solar (tidal and geothermal) energy sources are explained, within the context of their environmental impacts, their ecomics and their future prospects. Together with its companion volume, Energy Systems and Sustainability, this book provides both perspective and detail on the relative merits and state of progress of techlogies for utilizing the various 'renewables'. The analysis considers emissions, sustainability, cost implications and energy security, as political and ecomic pressures move society towards a low-carbon future. From an overview of basic energy conversion processes, through a discussion of the individual renewable sources, to a concluding examination of the prospects for their integration into national and international networks, this book provides a valuable insight into prospects for the renewables. Online Resource Centre The Online Resource Centre to accompany Renewable Energy features: For students: * Self-assessment questions. * Links to further information and up-to-date energy statistics. For registered adopters of the book: * Figures from the book in electronic format.
- Author BiographyGodfrey Boyle is Professor of Renewable Energy in The Open University's MCT Faculty. His main research interests are in solar and wind power, energy systems modelling and energy policy, and he has chaired various Open University modules on renewable and sustainable energy. He is also a visiting professor at The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) University in New Delhi, India, a Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and a Trustee of the UK National Energy Foundation.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteOver 300 colour illustrations and photographs
- Weight1624 g
- Width209 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byGodfrey Boyle
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.