Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis diverse resource on renewable energy and sustainable techlogies highlights the status, state of the art, challenges, advancements and options in areas such as energy recovery systems, turbine ventilators, green composites, biofuels and bio-resources for energy production, wind energy, integrated energy-efficient systems, thermal energy storage, natural ventilation & day-lighting systems, and low carbon techlogies for building and environmental applications. It is designed to serve as a reference book for students, researchers, manufacturers and professionals working in these fields. The editors have gathered articles from world-leading experts that clearly illustrate key areas in renewable energy and sustainability. The distinct role of these techlogies in future endeavors is stressed by taking into account the opportunities to contribute with new approaches, methods and directions for building and environmental applications. The in-depth discussion presented in this book will give readers a clear understanding of every important aspect of each techlogy's applications, optimum configuration, modifications, limitations and their possible improvements.
- Author BiographyDr. Mardiana Idayu Ahmad is Senior Lecturer in Energy and Environmental Technology within the School of Industrial Technology at the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) Penang, Malaysia. Dr. Ahmad earned her Ph.D in Sustainable Energy Technologies from the University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom. She is a member of Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET) UK and a member of World Society of Sustainable Energy Technologies (WSSET).She has significant experience in the field of environmental management, risk assessment as well as renewable and sustainable energy technologies, particularly in energy recovery technology, solar photovoltaic, desiccant dehumidification and integrated building design/system. She has published over 50 articles in internationally respected resources, including research and popular books, conference proceedings and scientific journals. Her primary research interests include: renewable & sustainable energy technologies, integrated building technologies, HVAC & desiccant dehumidification, IAQ and building ventilation, environmental management, and hazardous chemicals & risk assessment. Dr. Mazran Ismail is a Senior Lecturer in Architecture at the School of Housing, Building and Planning,Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Penang, Malaysia.He received his PhD in Architecture from USM, with a focus in Energy Efficient Design. His main research interests are climate responsive architecture, low energy ventilation technologies and thermal comfort studies in tropical building. Dr. Saffa Riffat, BSc DSc MSc DPhil CEng FIMechE FCIBSE FInstE, holds the post of Chair in Sustainable Energy Technology; Head of the Institute of Sustainable Energy Technology and Head of the Institute of Building Technology at the University of Nottingham. He has a wide range of experience of renewable energy, sustainable buildings, refrigeration, heat transfer, heat pumps, ventilation and air quality. He has obtained grants in excess of GBP17 million from the EPSRC, EU and industry and published over 350 refereed papers on HVAC systems. Professor Riffat has been awarded the degree of Doctor of Science (DSc) from the University of Oxford for his research contribution in the field of heat pumps and ventilation technology. He is named as the inventor on 20 International Patents. Professor Riffat is a member of the EPSRC College of Peers as well as the Editorial Board of the Journal of Applied Thermal Engineering, the Journal of Green Energy, Renewable Energy and Ambient Energy and the International Journal in Architectural Engineering and Design Management.Professor Riffat has been awarded honorary Professorships by Chongqing University and Dalian University, China for his research achievements. He is a Chartered Mechanical Engineer, Fellow of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers, Fellow of the Energy Institute and Fellow of World Innovation Foundation. He has also been awarded the Community Award for Exceptional Individual, the Euro Solar Award and the CIBSE Baker Silver Medal. Professor Riffat is also a member of the Advisory Boards of several companies including Baxi Group Limited, David Wilson Homes Limited and Premas International Limited. Professor Riffat has acted as the chairman of several conferences including the Sustainable Energy Technologies 1&2 and the Energy Conversion & Application Conference 2000. He has given numerous keynote papers and chaired sessions at International Conferences including Heat Powered Cycles Conference, CIBSE Conferences, Sustainable Construction Forums, COGEN Conference and World Renewable Energy Congresses.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, 32 colour illustrations, 33 colour tables, biography
- Weight567 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byMardiana Idayu Ahmad,Mazran Ismail,Saffa Riffat
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.