All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost of the numerical predictions of experimental phemena in particle physics over the last decade have been made possible by the discovery and exploitation of the simplifications that can happen when phemena are investigated on short distance and time scales. This book provides a coherent exposition of the techniques underlying these calculations. After reminding the reader of some basic properties of field theories, examples are used to explain the problems to be treated. Then the technique of dimensional regularization and the rermalization group. Finally a number of key applications are treated, culminating in the treatment of deeply inelastic scattering.
- Author(s)John C. Collins
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/01/1986
- Series TitleCambridge Monographs on Mathematical Physics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight570 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Series Edited byP. V. Landshoff,David R. Nelson,S. Weinberg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.