Rent Two Films and Lets Talk in the Morning: Using Popular Movies in Psychotherapy by John W. Hesley, Jan G. Hesley (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $83.61Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $40.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionUnlock the emotional roadblocks that can inhibit or interfere with the success of therapy Videowork is the therapeutic process in which therapists assign popular films that relate to core issues of ongoing therapy. Clients are instructed to do their homework between sessions and prepare for discussion in future sessions. Rent Two Films and Let's Talk in the Morning explores how therapeutic work interwoven with popular films enhances traditional therapy. This much-anticipated revision provides an introduction to using movie rentals in therapy and serves as a ready reference for therapists who want to assign videos as homework. Authors John and Jan Hesley address the dilemmas that you may face when deciding when it is appropriate to assign a film, and offer friendly guidance and detailed information on every aspect of using films as tools in therapy. In addition, this updated edition: Provides concise descriptions of dozens of popular videos and shows how they can be used as therapy for specific therapeutic needs (divorce, child abuse, substance abuse, etc.) Contains a revised organizational structure, covering therapy topics based on patient issues frequently encountered in therapy, including marital problems, parenting, job stress, abuse, and emotional disorders Offers suggestions on selecting films, creating assignments, and processing homework Provides newly released film reviews, along with 40 additional films with brief descriptions, in the Therapists' Film Reference
- Author BiographyJOHN W. HESLEY, PhD, is a psychologist with a consulting and psychotherapy practice in the Dallas--Fort Worth area. In addition to scientific papers, he has written numerous articles for popular magazines, newspapers, and trade publications. JAN G. HESLEY, LMSW, is an advanced clinical practitioner who specializes in marriage and family therapy. She has taught at the university level and has consulted with agencies, churches, and public and private schools.
- Author(s)Jan G. Hesley,John W. Hesley
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2001
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight562 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.