All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionResearch has deeply investigated several issues related to the use of integrity constraints on relational databases. In particular, a great deal of attention has been devoted to the problem of extracting reliable information from databases containing pieces of information inconsistent with regard to some integrity constraints. In this manuscript, the problem of extracting consistent information from relational databases violating integrity constraints on numerical data is addressed. Aggregate constraints defined as linear inequalities on aggregate-sum queries on input data are considered. The tion of repair as consistent set of updates at attribute-value level is exploited, and the characterization of several data-complexity issues related to repairing data and computing consistent query answers is provided. Moreover, a method for computing reasonable repairs of inconsistent numerical databases is introduced, for a restricted but expressive class of aggregate constraints. An extension of this method for dealing with the data repairing problem in the presence of weak aggregate constraints which are expected to be satisfied, but t required to, is presented. Furthermore, a technique for computing consistent answers of aggregate queries in the presence of a wide form of aggregate constraints is provided. Finally, extensions of the framework as well as several open problems are discussed.
- Author(s)Filippo Furfaro,Francesco Parisi,Sergio Flesca
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/10/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Computer Science
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight127 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.