All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlongside existing regimes for victim redress at the national and international levels, in the coming years international criminal law and, in particular, the International Criminal Court, will potentially provide a significant legal framework through which the harm caused by egregious conduct can be addressed. Drawing on a wealth of comparative experience, Cor McCarthy's study of the Rome Statute's regime of victim redress provides a comprehensive exploration of this framework, examining both its reparations regime and its scheme for the provision of victim support through the ICC Trust Fund. The study explores, in particular, whether the creation of a regime of victim redress has a role to play as part of a system for the administration of international criminal justice and, more generally, whether it has such a role alongside other regimes, at the national and international levels, by which the harm suffered by victims of egregious conduct may be redressed.
- Author BiographyConor McCarthy is a visiting fellow at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. He is called to the bar of England and Wales and has previously worked at a number of international courts and tribunals including the International Criminal Court and the European Court of Human Rights.
- Author(s)Conor McCarthy
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law
- Series Part/Volume Number88
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight810 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.