All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionBy offering a new way of thinking about the role of politically engaged art, Susan Best opens up a new aesthetic field: reparative aesthetics. The book identifies an invative aesthetic on the part of women photographers from the southern hemisphere, who against the dominant modes of criticality in political art, look at how cultural production can be reparative. Reparative Aesthetics contributes an entirely new theory to the interdisciplinary fields of aesthetics, affect studies, feminist theory, politics and photography. Conceptually invative and fiercely original this book will move us beyond old political and cultural stalemates and into new terrain for analysis and reflection.
- Author BiographySusan Best is Professor of Fine Art and Art Theory at Queensland College of Art, Griffith University, Australia. Recent publications include Visualizing Feeling: Affect and the Feminine Avant-garde (2011) which won the Art Association of Australia and New Zealand best book award in 2012.
- Author(s)Susan Best
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note52 bw illus
- Weight412 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.