All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is Repetition of Words ? -- Repetition in English Language is the repeating of a word, within a sentence in order to PROVIDE EMPHASIS. 'Repetition of words' could be classified into many groups based on the placement of the words in a sentence. Different terms have been devised to dete different kinds of repetitions. Some of these terms are as follows: Adminatio, Conduplicatio, Diacope, Epistrophe, Mesodiplosis, Palilogia, Polyptoton, Symploce, etc. Not going into the details of these 'hard-to-prounce' terms, I have covered only most popular patterns of 'Repetition of words' in this book. Structure (1) ---- Word + and + Word -- This pattern is generally used to show 'continuation or repetition of an activity', or 'presence of many things or people of the same kind'. 01. -- They have got billions and billions of dollars lying around in vaults. 02. -- His firm's deal business became busier and busier. 03. -- Workers dug and dug the road. 04. -- We have eras and eras coming. 05. -- He called after her, Where are you going? She went further and further. 06a. -- His confidence grew and grew. 06b. -- Once he started telling family about his challenge, the support just grew and grew. 07. -- 'How long did the match last?' 'Oh, hours and hours' 08. -- Merit and merit alone can be criterion. 09. -- The road went on for miles and miles. 10. -- They played and played cards all night. 11. -- We pushed and pushed but the box would t move. 12. -- We can see rise and rise of Yoga. 13. -- He searched and searched for his mobile phone. 14. -- There were shops and shops in our area. 15. -- I shuddered and shuddered seeing the lion. 16. -- We are fulfilling our promises slowly and slowly. NOTE: (A). 'Again and again' [meaning -- many times] -- She was wiping her tears again and again. Many people do t repeat their mistakes again and again. (B). 'By and by' [meaning -- after a short period; before long; soon eventually] -- By and by you will make your deficiency. The hours just kept on going by and by. (C). 'Half and half' [meaning -- in equal parts] -- We are lucky that it is an affordable rent, and sharing half and half helps (D). 'Less and less' [meaning -- continuing to become smaller] -- We are having less and less sw each year. Old people seem to sleep less and less actually. (E). 'More and more' [meaning -- continuing to become larger in amount or number] -- You always ask for more and more. More and more girls are giving priority to their career. (F). 'Neck and neck' [meaning -- level with somebody in competition] -- Democrats and Republicans were neck and neck on 50 seats. These two candidates are neck and neck in recent polls. NOTE: Great Stress- Word + And + Word + And + Word -- 01a. -- He just smacked him with a ruler again and again and again. 01b. -- Many offenders who skip warrants resort to crime again and again and again. 02. -- Their pain and the anger grew and grew and grew, 03. -- They are paying him millions and millions, and more millions. 04a. -- It was the same play over and over and over again. 04b. - They are going to keep doing the same thing over and over and over again. 05. -- The passengers were waiting and waiting and waiting.
- Author BiographyManik Joshi was born on Jan 26, 1979 at Ranikhet and is permanent resident of Haldwani, Kumaon zone of India. He is an Internet Marketer by profession. He is interested in domaining (business of buying and selling domain names), web designing (creating websites), and various online jobs (including 'self publishing'). He is science graduate with ZBC (zoology, botany, and chemistry) subjects. He is also an MBA (with specialization in marketing). He has done three diploma courses in computer too. ManikJoshi.com is the personal website of the author.
- Author(s)MR Manik Joshi
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.