All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionRetaining and hiring a lawyer to deal with courts, claims, and mir disputes can be costly, and in certain circumstances, unnecessary. Clients dissatisfied with legal representation or eager to save money have turned to pro se, or selfrepresentation, in increasing numbers. While some court cases necessitate a lawyer s help, such as criminal cases, Representing Yourself in Court helps people who want to represent themselves in simple cases, such as small claims or family matters, to do just that. Author and attorney Devlin Farmer has experience guiding clients to the most affordable and effective solutions for their individual situations; his advice on representing your interests is invaluable. This book guides you step by step through the process of self-representation, with practical suggestions and tips on where to look to find what you need to move forward with your case. The exclusive download kit included with this book offers bonus materials to help you as you research, file, and represent yourself in court. Going to court often means something is going wrong, but Farmer helps you avoid common pitfalls so you can gather the kwledge and the confidence to represent yourself, and head toward the greatest chance of success in your case.
- Author BiographyDevlin Farmer has practiced family, criminal and poverty law for legal aid organizations in British Columbia and Massachusetts as well as serving for many years as a Staff Lawyer for the Massachusetts Commission on Judicial Conduct. A trained mediator as well as lawyer, he is in private practice and divides his time between British Columbia and Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Devlin Farmer
- PublisherSelf-Counsel Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleSelf-Counsel Legal
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSelf-Counsel Press
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.