All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe live in a museum age, and sport museums are part of this phemen. In this book, leading international sport history scholars examine sport museums including rewned institutions like the Olympic Museum in the Swiss city of Lausanne, the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum in Baltimore, the Marylebone Cricket Club Museum in London, the Croke Park Museum in Dublin, and the Whyte Museum in Banff. These institutions are examined in a broad context of understanding sport museums as an identifiable genre in the museum age , and more specifically in terms of how the sporting past is represented in these museums. Historians explain, debate and critique sport museums with the intention of understanding how this important form of public history represents sport for audiences who see museums as institutions that are inherently reliable and trustworthy.
- Author BiographyMurray G. Phillips is a senior lecturer in the School of Human Movement Studies.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2012
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Sports History
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note33 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 33 black & white halftones
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMurray G. Phillips
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.