All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionBased on more than twenty years of research in the field and in museum collections, Reptiles of North Carolina is the definitive work on the 71 reptile species found in the state. It is an indispensable resource for herpetologists, zoologists, ecologists, and wildlife managers, and it will be enjoyed by amateur naturalists as well. For each species the authors offer a description that includes characteristics useful in distinguishing the species from similar ones and information on the variation, distribution, and natural history of the species in the state. Each account is accompanied by a range map and at least one detailed drawing that shows characteristics important for identification. A section of color photographs aids in identification of reptiles.
- Author BiographyWilliam M. Palmer is curator emeritus of herpetology at the Museum of Natural Sciences. He is coauthor of Amphibians and Reptiles of the Carolinas and Virginia and author of Poisonous Snakes of North Carolina. Alvin L. Braswell is deputy director for operations at the Museum of Natural Sciences.
- Author(s)Alvin L. Braswell,William M. Palmer
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.