All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRepublican legal theory developed out of the jurisprudential and constitutional legacy of the Roman res publica as interpreted over two millennia in Europe and North America. In this book - the most comprehensive study of republican legal ideas to date - Professor Sellers traces the development of republican legal theory. Explaining the importance of popular sovereignty, the rule of law, the separation of powers and other essential republican legal characteristics, he argues that these republican institutions have introduced a new era of justice into politics.
- Author BiographyMORTIMER NEWLIN STEAD SELLERS is a University System of Maryland Regents Professor and Director of the Center for International and Comparative Law and Professor of Law at the University of Baltimore. He is the author of The Sacred Fire of Liberty and American Republicanism, also available from Palgrave Macmillan.
- Author(s)Mortimer N. S. Sellers
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication08/09/2003
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight420 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.