All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionAs requirements engineering continues to be recognized as the key to on-time and on-budget delivery of software and systems projects, many engineering programs have made requirements engineering mandatory in their curriculum. In addition, the wealth of new software tools that have recently emerged is empowering practicing engineers to improve their requirements engineering habits. However, these tools are t easy to use without appropriate training. Filling this need, Requirements Engineering for Software and Systems, Second Edition has been vastly updated and expanded to include about 30 percent new material. In addition to new exercises and updated references in every chapter, this edition updates all chapters with the latest applied research and industry practices. It also presents new material derived from the experiences of professors who have used the text in their classrooms. Improvements to this edition include: * An expanded introductory chapter with extensive discussions on requirements analysis, agreement, and consolidation * An expanded chapter on requirements engineering for Agile methodologies * An expanded chapter on formal methods with new examples * An expanded section on requirements traceability * An updated and expanded section on requirements engineering tools * New exercises including ones suitable for research projects Following in the footsteps of its bestselling predecessor, the text illustrates key ideas associated with requirements engineering using extensive case studies and three common example systems: an airline baggage handling system, a point-of-sale system for a large pet store chain, and a system for a smart home. This edition also includes an example of a wet well pumping system for a wastewater treatment station. With a focus on software-intensive systems, but highly applicable to n-software systems, this text provides a probing and comprehensive review of recent developments in requirements engineering in high integrity systems.
- Author BiographyPhillip A. Laplante, PhD, is professor of software engineering and a member of the graduate faculty at The Pennsylvania State University (Penn State). His research, teaching, and consulting focuses on software quality, particularly with respect to requirements, testing, and project management. Before joining Penn State he was a professor and senior academic administrator at several colleges and universities. Dr. Laplante has consulted to Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, the US DOD, and NASA. He has also served on the technology advisory boards for several companies. Prior to his academic career, Dr. Laplante spent nearly a decade as a software engineer and project manager working on avionics (including the Space Shuttle), CAD, and software test systems. He was also director of business development for a software consulting firm. He has authored or edited 29 books and more than 200 papers, articles, reviews, and editorials. Dr. Laplante received his BS, MEng, and PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, and computer science, respectively, from Stevens Institute of Technology and an MBA from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. He is licensed in Pennsylvania as a professional engineer and is a Certified Software Development Professional. He is a fellow of the IEEE and SPIE and a member of numerous professional societies, program committees, and boards.
- Author(s)Phillip A. Laplante
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleApplied Software Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note66 black & white illustrations, 43 black & white tables
- Weight610 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.